5 steps to true JOY {live anxiety free}


What are some of the main causes of stress and anxiety?
1. Stress in work or school
2. Medical Factors
3. Trauma
4. Stress in a personal relationship
5. Genetics and many more...

Here are my 5 very SIMPLE remedies to hopefully assist in finding that true JOY!




1. Stop with the CAFFEINE already: 
I know from personal experience how caffeine can worsen anxiety. It can cause nervousness and the jitters. Both of which are horrible if you are already an anxious person. Research has shown that caffeine can wreak havoc on you. Try eliminating caffeine- it may help!

My alternatives are decaf coffee or peppermint tea. Yum! Here is my favorite brand of tea.
Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea, Peppermint, 20 Count (Pack of 6)


2. Aromatherapy:
My favorite! I love using essential oils to relax after a long day at work. Especially in the bath. Studies have shown that essential oils can have a direct effect on the parts of the brain that control anxiety, stress, depression and fear. After an hour of being exposed to an essential oil it can lower your blood pressure and heart rate. Ohhhhh yes it does! What a huge stress reliever! Once the essential oil is absorbed through the skin and into the body, it gives a signal to the limbic system of the brain and tells it to RELAX!!! LOVE IT!!! If you have never tried essential oils- try it!

Check out my FAVORITE brand: 
Aromatherapy Top 6 - 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Basic Sampler Essential Oil Gift Set- 6/10 ml Kit


3. Be STILL: 
I love silence. It happens way too often where I find myself running around day to day with phone in one hand and a to do list in the other!
This is great... but.. we have to take time to disconnect. I'm guilty of this. I always have my phone or lab top around when I'm at home. Unfortunately it goes with the territory of being a blogger and having a virtual side business. I recommend disconnecting from the busy world at least ten minutes a day. Spare this short amount of time for yourself to collect your thoughts. You're mind and body will thank you.

4. PLAN ahead: 
I'm HORRIBLE at this. (Probably why I have a tendency to experience anxiety) I tend to be a procrastinator. This is BAD if you have anxious tendencies. Try making a schedule or to-do list for the day. (Make it the night before) Instead of spending 10 minutes frantically looking for a healthy lunch to take to work or having a panic attack because you can't find your keys, make a habit of always having things like these in place the night before. Lay out clothes the night before (I'm horrible at this). PREPARE!!!! If we start prepping ahead of time we can more easily avoid those anxious thoughts.
Check out this book on how to end anxiety and panic attacks:
Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks

You've GOT this!

5. Eat HEALTHY:
Try eating more foods that contain nutrients such as vitamin B and omega-3's. Studies have linked vitamin B with good mental health, and omega-3s may help reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety . Whole-grain carbs help regulate levels of serotonin, the “feel-good” neurotransmitter that helps us remain calm. Research suggests that eating sugary and processed foods can increase symptoms of anxiety. Sugar is such an evil for me! I have a sweet tooth but am working on avoiding sugar as much as possible. It helps! Put down that bar of chocolate and pick up an avocado.

I found this article very informative on foods to eat and to NOT eat. Check it out: 
Wellness Foods


I hope you are able to take one of my techniques and make it your own. There are many other ways to reduce anxiety. Find what works for you and be consistent. I have faith that in doing so you will start to see your worries disappear.

XOXO


John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.



****Please always consult a doctor regarding any of your health concerns.


SHOP THIS POST: 



Subscribe here for update's on travel, beauty, skincare, health & so much more!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


Comments